While many people don’t consider reputation management and marketing as part of SEO, you had better believe that when a business is dealing with a crisis on social media or in the news, they start to wonder how they can impact the SERPs to move positive press up … and negative press down.
Avoiding a Reputation Crisis
Of course, our best advice is to try not to have to go into a reputation management crisis mode in the first place! It pays to invest a bit of effort into reputation marketing by proactively making sure that you are putting your best foot forward and dominating the SERPs for a search of your business name. Your goal should be to achieve results that reinforce your good name. This is done by:
- Claiming your business page on Google, Bing, etc. as well as in the larger directories such as Yelp, Yext, Merchant Circle, etc. and your local business directories.
- Ensuring that your profile information on your business pages is up-to-date and complete.
- Proactively encouraging customer reviews and responding to all reviews, even the ones that aren’t so good.
Become a Twitter Ninja for Reputation Repair
If you haven’t optimized your Twitter account to show on the first page of the SERPs for a search of your business name, we recommend that you do that as well. When searching for the names of individuals and businesses in search engines, Twitter accounts can appear on page one of Google and Bing if they have been properly optimized … and this can help knock any negative press lower in the SERPs.
This article on Search Engine Land has some “Twitter ninja tricks for reputation repair” … here are the steps you need to take:
- Optimize your Twitter handle
- Optimize your full name
- Optimize the ‘Bio’ description field
- Fill in the Link URL and Location fields
- Retweets and Likes
- Obtain more followers
- Verify your account
- Link to your Twitter account
- Post images and videos frequently
- Incorporate Twitter Cards on your site
- Use emojis 😊 in your tweets
If you need help with reputation management for your business, please fill out the form below to request more information!